Hey guys! Oh boy it’s been a while since I last made a post in here. I promised myself to constantly write something in here but I just couldn’t make it because of my very tight schedule. I was checking emails earlier when I saw this email notification about some comments moderation for this blog and that’s when I remembered “Oh I still have a blog!” Hahahaha!
So…. I am making this post to write about 2 things: 1.) What I did these past few months and what happened in these past few months and 2.) about the thing I was aching to tell but couldn’t on my first blog post in here. Yehey! Now I can finally tell you guys! :) But…. I am quite confused which one I should tell first. Hmmm… Oh! Maybe I should start with the thing I am itching to tell. Sooooo here it is……….. brace yourselves! lol
When I first made this blog and made my first post, that was the time when I was offered to work part-time for a company. I immediately accepted it because I have nothing else to do after my full-time job shift and I needed the extra money. So why not? I was so excited to work for my part time job because I feel like there’s more room for me to grow and to learn new things. By the way, I know for some people a Q.A./Software Tester is not really a big deal but it is for me. Being a Q.A./Software Tester is something I have not done before(in a really serious manner) and my employer said I’m gonna do some serious Q.A./Software Tester stuff since the product is a software called Japkin which has a big potential to have a big amount of users. I was challenged right away and I love challenges – another reason why I took the job!
But during the 1st week, I feel like quitting already because having two jobs was quite stressful. I worked 8 hours for my full-time job then after that atleast +4 or more(!!!) hours for my part-time job. My schedule was very tight that I couldn’t even have a decent sleep at night (or in my case, day). So after 1 month of having 2 jobs, luckily and because of my good performance, I was offered by my boss(part-time) a full-time position and a competent salary. At first, I hesitated because I’ve been working with Henrik(full-time) for over a year already and he taught me a lot of things and I feel like I cant just leave. But my boss(part-time) was very convincing so I finally gave in and accepted the offer. I was happy but sad at the same time. It was very hard for me to leave Henrik because he was such a good man. But, this is how the world works. People come, people go. And so are opportunities. You gotta grab it when you have the chance or else it will just slip away and you might never have that chance again. So I grabbed it and now I am happily working with my Japkin Team, which is by the way, the AWESOME-ST TEAM EVER. :)
So, the other thing I’m gonna tell you is about the things I made and the things that happened during the time I wasn’t posting anything here. Frankly, there wasn’t that much interesting thing that happened to me. But interesting or not, I still want to share it.
1. I have a new job at Japkin as a Q.A./Software Tester!!! And woaaahh after like a month, I was kind of promoted(unofficially) as the Lead Q.A./Software Tester. How freaking cool is that??!!!! Oh I love my job. :p
2. My best friends and I planned to do wake boarding sometime last September but it was cancelled many times. Oh no, they cancel every time we reschedule it. It was quite frustrating really when people, especially FRIENDS, cancel on you every time. It made me think “Am I a bad friend that they dont want to hang out with me?”. And there was a time I bought 6 plane tickets for them for our getaway trip. YES I F*CKING BOUGHT 6 PLANE TICKETS! I know it was a stupid move but everyone was before was like “Hey Anna, lets do another trip next year! Plan for our trip blah blah blah but make sure its next year because that’s when I am free blah blah blah”. So I freaking planned the trip and bought tickets. Then I told everyone about the trip then BAAAAAAMMMMM! Almost everyone cancelled because they have a freaking trip already scheduled next year!!!! (WHHAAAAATTTT???) I just hate them. That was when I reached my boiling point and stopped talking to them and hang out with them. Freaking ungrateful and insensitive people. But it only lasted for a month I think then I started talking to them again but I felt there’s already a gap. Nowadays, I just hang out more with my 2 BFFs. They are my bestest friends since forever.
3. I didn’t celebrated my birthday this year. That’s because it fell on a friday and I have work. We’re quite busy and I just dont feel like inviting my friends over after what happened. But I had a pre-birthday celebration a week before when 2 of my best friends stayed at my house during the long weekend + public holiday.
4. MY BEST FRIEND IS GETTING MARRIED!!! Aaaaaahhhhhh! I am so stoked for this wedding! By the way, the wedding’s gonna be on January 25th and I still dont know what to wear. HUHUHU #typicalgirlproblem
5. I treated my mom on her birthday at an Asian restaurant and oh boy I feel like a pig afterwards. Like really, I was so full that I could barely walk. HAHAHA! After having lunch since we were at the mall, I was planning to buy her an expensive handbag but she refused since she’s expecting a handbag from my Aunt in California. I dont know if this is a good or bad thing but I dont really like splurging a big amount of money for myself but when talking about gifts to people that I love, I dont really mind. Yeah I know, you should wish to be my relative right now. :p
- Bike Day Zero and THANK YOU (robinhersh.com)
- Attitudes of a Great Software Tester (javacodegeeks.com)
- Why I got started? (empowermentandeducation.wordpress.com)
- Young and working numerous part-time jobs to make a living (business.financialpost.com)
- Six of the best paying part-time jobs (reed.co.uk)
- Excerpt from “Mail Order Murder,” one story in Twisted Love anthology due out 2014 (trsparties.com)
- Prologue. (dispicablyme.wordpress.com)
- Job Hunter Follow Up: Nicole Usiondek (hiringlibrarians.com)